4.11.2011

{butterfly} note cards

I fell in love with these little {note cards} the moment I first saw them. Clean and Simple. Lucky for me, I have oodles of butterflies already punched out (thanks kids) so I was ready to sew them on that same afternoon....

Supplies you will need:
Patterned paper
Plain card stock for your "card"
Paper punches
Sewing machine, thread & scissors

Step 1. Go to town with your punches.... or give your kids something to do. It will keep them busy for awhile, punching and then picking up the shapes :)

Step 2. Cut plain card stock in to strips (3" x 6")

Step 3. Score down the middle for easy folding.

Step 4. Layer 3 of the butterflies in the middle of the "front side" of the card.

Step 5. Make sure your card is OPEN.... Sew straight down the center of the butterflies. I stitched about a 1/2" before and after the butterflies. I did not back stitch.

Step 6. Trim the threads and fold the butterflies in half... helping them fan out a bit away from the card.

Visit Little Birdie Secrets for more photos and their tutorial.

SO CUTE! We have already used a bunch for birthday cards.
Now I need to make more~

No comments:

Post a Comment

your thoughts